Copyright 2021 Journey by Fire All Rights Reserved.

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Day 1 - Some Days I Miss You More

Every day

Since you left

The ache echoes

It ricochets off heart walls and oozes into bloodstreams

I can still playback the warm hum of your voice in my ear

And the smell of your space is eternally etched in my sensory database

But sometimes some days I miss you even more


Days like

The first of April 

When the Poets come out to play

And every year I'd look over and say

One day I'ma be like you

Commit and see it through

And while I stay busy debating and procrastinating

You'd sit there on your tufted throne

Overlooking your hard-earned kingdom

And produce

You spun word webs and made magic

Every day in April


Some days, like this one, I miss you so much more


You remember back on myspace

When writing was our secret decoder language

Messages only we could know

Hidden in plain sight

A poetic pact to push boundaries 

Explore possibilities

Flirt with the unfamiliar

And make it learn our names

You remember all the kinship

We shared through rambling reflections 

Vicious revisions

And painstakingly precise word selection

I remember scorched emotions over proofreads and edits

And bitter resentment over drafts too fragile to share

I remember unbound elation at the synergy of

Constructive collaboration

That feeling of being seen, found, felt

Fueled by the recognition that soul-level connections

Don't happen every day to everybody


On days like today

I remember us

And I miss you so much more


No comments:

Post a Comment